- Calculators & Maps
- CoolCA Challenge
- Resources & Materials
- Contact Us
CoolClimate Web Developer
Submitted by admin on Tue, 05/01/2012 - 13:07
We are seeking a web developer for the CoolClimate Network at the UC Berkeley Renewable and Appropriate Energy Lab (RAEL), to start as soon as possible.
Programmers will improve and develop carbon footprint calculators, website, user login & community management systems, and widgets related to several CoolClimate projects and programs.
- Maintaining and developing new features for existing web-based applications
- Enhancing user management features
- Developing and maintaining user account & community management systems
- Developing web-based widgets and mobile apps
- Applying graphic design elements to new and existing tools
Hourly rate ranges from $15-$20 depending on experience & work-study availability.
Hours & Location:
- Hours per week may range from 12-20 hours depending on your availability, with a possibility of full-time during summer & winter breaks.
- Students have the option to set their schedules anytime between 10a - 6p M-F.
- If you join the CoolClimate team you'll have a desk and workstation at our office on the 4th floor of Sutardja Dai Hall, next door to Soda
- We <3 our programmers!
Proficiency in the following areas:
- writing web applications in object-oriented PHP
- using the jQuery library
- Web 2.0 and W3C standards
- Ablility to explain and discuss technical issues with non-CS supervisors & colleagues
If you are proficient in most of these areas we would still love to hear from you if you are highly motivated to learn the additional skills.
Familiarity and/or experience with:
- SVN usage
- Linux/Unix operating systems
- REST architecture for a web API
- JSON objects
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Opengeo or similar geographical framework
- Drupal content management system
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Microsoft Excel
Listing end date:Tuesday, May 15, 2012